Prior to forming Dyer, Garofalo, Mann & Schultz, Doug worked as a bodily injury claims adjuster for a large insurance company. This unique experience has been a tremendous asset to Doug in his fight to achieve maximum cash settlements for his clients in minimum time. Since departing from the insurance company, Doug has dedicated his entire legal career to helping injured clients when they need it the most.
As a founding partner of Dyer, Garofalo, Mann & Schultz, Doug has been able to personally supervise the successful resolution of over 70,000 personal injury cases. Doug has also handled over 50 complex injury cases that have each settled for amounts in excess of $1,000,000. Under Doug’s watch, Dyer, Garofalo, Mann & Schultz evolved from a small local law office to a nationally renowned law firm of over 100 employees, 19 attorneys and 14 offices. Despite the tremendous growth of the law firm, Doug has been able to ensure that the firm maintains an ultra-personal connection with each client that walks through the door. Through Doug’s leadership, the firm has been able to consistently achieve client satisfaction ratings of over 98%.
In addition to his strong passion to help injured clients, Doug also finds great satisfaction in devoting his time and efforts to the community. Whether he’s organizing holiday toy drives for neglected and abused children, serving as an auctioneer for the Dayton Children’s Hospital fundraising event, or sponsoring breast cancer, cystic fibrosis and humane society pledge drives, Doug understands the importance of contributing to the community he calls home.
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1987
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. – 1984
- Bowling Green State University
- B.A. – 1981
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2014
- Honorary award from the N.A.A.C.P.
- 40 under 40 award
- Honorary Board Member of For Love of Children (F.L.O.C.)
- Selected by the Ohio Attorney General to serve on the State of Ohio’s Complex Litigation Panel
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- For Love of Children (F.L.O.C.), Honorary Board Member
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- State of Ohio’s Complex Litigation Panel
Pro Bono Activities
- Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project